MACA is a publicly listed, integrated contracting services group specialising in mining, civil construction, infrastructure and mineral processing equipment. Our operations span across Australia and South America.
Our team of some 1,600 live and breathe our CAN-DO promise to ensure we deliver first class solutions to our clients, whilst providing a safe and great culture for our people.
To enable our business to grow we require an experienced and capable Production Excavator Operator to join our load and haul team. Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, this role is focused on providing expert production excavator support to our open pit mining projects.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Carry out pre-start checks to ensure the machine is safe to operate and report any concerns to the Supervisor in line with MACA safety systems
- Operate plant in an efficient and safe manner to achieve the shift production targets
- Report any faults and defects of plant immediately to the Supervisor
- Operates plant and completes other tasks within the employee's capability and competency
- Completes reporting documents legibly, accurately and in a timely manner e.g. load sheets
- Report all hazards, incidents, near misses, injuries, illnesses and accidents immediately to the Supervisor
- Ensures positive communications are used in accordance with MACA safety systems
- Carry out any other tasks as directed by the Supervisor
What’s in it for you at MACA?
- Superannuation paid on all hours worked.
- $1500 Employee Referral Program.
- Access to a range of Employee Benefits.
- Be recognised and rewarded for outstanding work.
- Join a Can-Do company who put’s People First.
- We invest in our people to be leaders.
- Join a company who does the right thing by the community.
- Become eligible to take part in the Leadership and Management Program.
- Experience operating 100 to 200 tonne excavators in a production mining environment
- Current Australian driver licence
- National Police clearance
- Able to pass a Medical/DAS
- Strong commitment to safe operating practices
If you believe you have what it takes and want to work for a company where CAN DO is at the forefront of its thinking, please apply now.
MACA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages Female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate visa to work in Australia.