Fortescue is now consistently producing more than 170 million tonnes of iron ore per year and has an exciting future ahead, establishing itself for future growth in a global market through innovation, product diversification and asset development.
Roster: 8 days on & 6 days off
We are currently seeking highly motivated Mining Engineer to join our operations. Reporting to the Senior Mine Planning Engineer, this role is responsible for carrying out detailed mine design work and short-term production scheduling associated with the delivery of the 2 week mine plan to set standards on a timely manner.
- Resource based weekly mining schedules of the mining fleet optimised for efficiency and adherence to longer term schedules
- Detailed weekly production drill plans including loading and firing schedules
- Weekly Ore Blend schedules that adhere to constraints for grade, texture and mining fleet
- Reconciliation of 2 Week mining schedules to 3 Month mining plans
- Design and deliver infrastructure designs for 2 week schedules and daily site operation(s) in order to optimise the associated resources and maximise the value of the mining business
- Measure adherence to infrastructure designs and provide guidance to mining personnel
- Liaise with mining personnel to ensure adherence to mining schedules and produce detailed mining instructions
- Must be capable of understanding design standards, procedures and mine physical
- Haulage scheduling, optimisation, waste dump designs and schedules
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Relevant experience gained as a mining engineer with planning and design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mining engineering or similar
- Effectively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders with varying technical knowledge
- Practical approach to engineering and design problems
- Knowledge in open pit mining preferably in iron ore and surface mining
- Short to medium term planning and scheduling and mine design knowledge
- Computer proficiency (Excel, MS Office, Vulcan, Haul Infinity, Xact)
- Strong analytical skills
- Team orientation and strong ability to take initiatives towards continuous improvement
Our values drive our culture and performance through a strong focus on safety, family and determination. We celebrate and respect people’s differences and commit to providing an inclusive work environment. This is an exciting time to join Fortescue.
We encourage Aboriginal Australians and female candidates to apply.
Applications close: 20 Sep 2019 W. Australia Standard Time