- Join our growing, evolving global mining engineering team
- Relocation assistance on offer, as part of our fantastic package and benefits
- Supportive team environment with a focus on People, Safety, Excellence and Respect
An exciting opportunity is now available for a Technical Casting Services Manager (TCSM) with a metallurgy and process quality background to join our steel foundry team in Maryborough, QLD. As our TCSM, you will be a critical member of the foundry Leadership team and support our Australasian operations associated with the production of world-class G.E.T, Cast Lips and specialist foundry products.
Located in South-East Queensland, Maryborough is just 20min from the vibrant coast of Hervey Bay and the World Heritage listed Fraser Island; and three hours north of Brisbane, CBD. Relocation assistance may be negotiated for the successful individual.
- Responsibly lead and oversee a team of 3 (Methods Engineer, Process Metallurgist and S&Q Technician) to process regular metallurgical and quality audits according to approved procedures
- Support critical business improvement projects inclusive of capital equipment commissioning and process optimisation for quality and efficiency gains
- Lead investigations of product non-conformance for all business and sub-contract facilities
- Foster a culture of learning and continuous improvement through employee training
- Develop materials and methods to ensure products achieve the same or longer operational life than competitors
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Tertiary qualifications in Foundry Metallurgy, Materials Science or Engineering (or equivalent discipline)
- Ideally five (5) years prior relevant experience in a Foundry and/or Steelmaking industries
- Direct knowledge of the following: Induction and EAF melting; Sand and investment casting; Heat treatment of steel and iron; Chemical & mechanical test practices; QSM ISO 9001
- Practical experience in Metallurgical failure analysis & laboratory operations, welding processes and applications along with non-destructive testing methods will be highly regarded
- Good understanding of cultural differences when conducting business outside of Australia
N.B: Applicants must be able to successfully obtain and complete a relevant work medical for this role.
On offer at CR
CQMS Razer (CR) is a trusted supply partner within the global mining community - delivering highly innovative, productive and socially responsible products and technology solutions. Our leading products include the design and manufacture of ground engaging tools (G.E.T), cast lip systems, dragline buckets and lock systems, conveyor accessories and plate block and wear materials.
With a track record of innovation and customer excellence for over 40 years, CR is currently undertaking strategic & significant growth; employing over 300 people located primarily in offices and plants in Australia, China and North + South America.
Our seven (7) values of Zero Harm, Customer, Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Excellence are at the heart of everything we do. We offer a global career path, the chance to work on new tech with meaningful impact, flexible work/life balance, customised well-being offerings, competitive remuneration reviews and the chance to pay it forward within our local communities.
We can't wait to hear from you!
If you're willing to take the next step in your career and join a growing, global community - please apply now via http://cqmsrazer.recruitmenthub.com.au