- Opportunity to make your mark and take your career further
- Work in a dynamic environment with the latest technology
- Exciting and technically challenging but rewarding role
- Residential Mon-Fri or FIFO 8 days on/ 6 days off opportunities
It’s a really exciting time to be part of the Mine Technical Services (MTS) team at Rio Tinto Iron Ore, with a number of new projects being developed in Western Australia and a large team of highly experienced, industry-leading professionals to learn from! We offer a dynamic work environment with the opportunity to be involved with diverse projects and receive invaluable exposure opportunities across project development, technology & innovation. Joining our MTS teams will put cutting edge technology at your fingertips, give you the support of the brightest minds in the industry, the opportunity to work in a collaborative environment and develop your career further!
Watch to see a day in the life of our Technical Services team: https://www.youtube.com/embed/X9_OJgjPB14
About the role
We are looking for experienced and high performing Senior Mine Engineers to join our Mine Technical Services teams in the Pilbara.
Reporting to the Superintendent Mine Technical Services, you will lead a team of technical professionals in the development of safe and technically sound short to medium term production plans (daily, weekly 2-week horizon and quarterly 12 to 24-month horizon) by coordinating:
- Scheduling functions (load and haul, development, drilling and blasting, product stockpiles and rail) to ensure robust production scheduling and conformance procedures are in place enabling the site to achieve daily, weekly, monthly and annual production targets (volume and quality)
- Mine designs to meet operational requirements
- Drill and blast design and drill scheduling
Using your coaching, mentoring and leadership skills, you will develop the team to be a high functioning asset and drive continuous improvement in the quality of our planning outputs. As an effective collaborator, you will engage with stakeholders from different business functions in order to optimise the Mine Technical Services team’s outputs.
The roster offered is currently dependent on operational requirements and may be subject to change in the future. Roles are only available to those either willing to relocate to or those currently residing in Western Australia.
You will have Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or equivalent as well as demonstrated experience within a large scale, open cut mining environment (preferably iron ore). Demonstrated experience in medium term mine planning as well as technical and practical drill and blast designing and scheduling will set you up for success. Prior leadership experience, strong computer skills and working knowledge of mining and business software, such as ATS or XPAC will be highly regarded.
You thrive on a challenge, can think outside of the box and deliver a mine plan that works in a complex mining environment.
What’s on offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and hard work. Know that you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Opportunity to be part of the world’s largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
Where you’ll be working
In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, Rio Tinto operates the world's largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets with industry-leading performance and technology. Our iron ore business continues to be the world's largest autonomous truck operator and a proud leader in automated mining technologies.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
All progress begins with pioneers – at Rio Tinto it begins with you.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.
Applications close on Sunday 28 June 2020 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)