Fortescue is now consistently producing more than 170 million tonnes of iron ore per year and has an exciting future ahead, establishing itself for future growth in a global market through innovation, product diversification and asset development.
Fortescue Metals Group is seeking a high calibre Senior Process Engineer at Cloudbreak mine to provide technical leadership to the OPF operations and maintenance team. This role leads a small team providing essential qualitative data analysis and continuous improvement initiatives to assist the OPF execution teams to deliver maximum controlled performance from the OPF.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Mentor and coach direct reports and OPF team on correct operation and maintenance of plant operations to deliver optimum quality and throughput
- Lead studies and analysis on plant performance to identify quality improvements and undertake remedial actions
- Provide visible safety leadership (Ambassador to Safety), modeling positive safety behaviors
- Assist in the development of budgets and production plans in line with the Cloudbreak business model
- Oversee metallurgical aspects of lab processing and procedures, to ensure safe and accurate work
- Identify and drive metallurgical improvement projects to optimise product quality and production performance
Qualifications and skills required:
- Bachelors degree in Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering (or equivalent)
- A high commitment to safety and strive to achieve zero harm
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of production and maintenance strategies for large scale processing plants
- Extensive knowledge of dry and wet mineral processing operations
- Knowledge of metallurgical testing methods and lab operations
- Proficient in MS Office suite and SAP
- Proficient in met accounting including mass and water balancing
- Knowledge of statistical analysis techniques
- Previous experience with process modelling packages desirable
Our values drive our culture and performance through a strong focus on safety, family and determination. We celebrate and respect people’s differences and commit to providing an inclusive work environment. This is an exciting time to join Fortescue.
We encourage Aboriginal Australians and female candidates to apply.